Comment on page
Your software is using i18next? - Spread the word and let the world know!
make a tweet... write it on your website... create a blog post... etc...
Most frameworks leave it to you how translations are being loaded. You are responsible to detect the user language, to load the translations and push them into the framework.
i18next takes care of these issues for you. We provide you with plugins to:
- detect the user language
- load the translations
- optionally cache the translations
- extension, by using post-processing - e.g. to enable sprintf support
i18next comes with strong defaults but it is flexible enough to fulfill custom needs.
- Use moment.js over intl for date formatting?
- Prefer different pre- and suffixes for interpolation?
- Like gettext style keys better?
i18next has you covered!
The framework was built with scalability in mind. For smaller projects, having a single file with all the translation might work, but for larger projects this approach quickly breaks down. i18next gives you the option to separate translations into multiple files and to load them on demand.
There are tons of modules built for and around i18next: from extracting translations from your code over bundling translations using webpack, to converting gettext, CSV and RESX to JSON.
Imagine you run a successful online business, and you want to expand it to reach customers in different countries. You know that to succeed in those markets, your website or app needs to speak the language and understand the culture of each place.
- 1.i18next: Think of 'i18next' as a sophisticated language expert for your website or app. It's like hiring a team of translators and cultural experts who ensure that your online business is fluent in multiple languages. It helps adapt your content, menus, and messages to fit perfectly in each target market, making your business more appealing and user-friendly.
- 2.locize: Now, 'locize' is your efficient manager in charge of organizing and streamlining the translation process. It keeps all your language versions organized and ensures they're always accurate and up-to-date. So, if you want to introduce a new product or promotion, locize helps you do it seamlessly in all the languages you operate in, saving you time and resources.
Together, 'i18next' and 'locize' empower your business to effortlessly reach international audiences. They help you speak the language of your customers, making your business more accessible, relatable, and successful in global markets.
Last modified 2mo ago